A Grand Slam Summer Outing for the WSL Team!
Posted On: 10/01/2018
Ah, September! It’s the month where it finally hits Chicagoans that summer is coming to an end. As we wind up the season of flip-flops and tank tops, it’s easy to feel a sense of melancholy. But WSL decided to relish these last days of summer and have some fun together as a team. What better way to end the summer celebration than planning a get together over Labor Day weekend?!
In what's become an annual tradition, WSL once again hosted a skybox party for our employees and employees’ friends at a Kane County Cougars versus the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers game at Northwestern Medicine Field in Geneva. We got to root, root, root for our home team as the Cougars were one game away from clinching a spot in the playoffs. It's a nice way to say thanks for all the hard work everybody does here at the office.
So many of us at WSL love playing and watching baseball. The end of the summer outing included a dinner of hamburgers and deli sandwiches, a birds-eye view of the game near third base from the upper deck skybox, and a relaxing atmosphere to share cold drinks and great conversations.
Some of our favorite moments from our Sunday Funday company outing included:
- Family Time: We got to witness so many families spend quality time together – we’re sure that “Sunday Funday Kids Eat Free” promo at Northwestern Medicine Field had a little to do with that. It was fun to see the kiddos running around, cheering on throughout the game and getting involved by asking questions.
- Entertainment: In-game entertainment was provided throughout the night by the Cougars’ mascot, BirdZerk. All his wacky skits, from dancing on the field with the third baseman on the field to stealing a glove from the opposing team and throwing it over the outfield fence, we got to share plenty of good laughs
- Pitching: Pitching dominated the majority of the game, as the score stalled at 1-1 from the third inning all the way into the tenth. Needless to say, it was an unpredictable, “nail biter” worthy game which made it all the more exciting to watch.
- The Walk-Off Game Winner: As the bases were loaded in the tenth inning, the Cougars clinched their wild card spot in the playoffs with a walk-off game win.
- Fireworks Show: Getting to witness a gorgeous five-minute post-game firework show to celebrate their big win!
Special Thank-You to the Community
What made this gathering extra special is the long-term relationship we have with the Kane County Cougars and the community of Geneva. The Fox Valley area, and Geneva specifically, has been a fertile ground for the growth of WSL. We were voted one of the top limo services earlier this year by the readership of the Kane County Chronicle and feel honored to be viewed as one of the industry leaders by our friends and clients in the region.
We look forward to working with and serving the Geneva community for years to come.
- May, 2019
- April, 2019
- March, 2019
- February, 2019
- January, 2019
- December, 2018
- November, 2018
- October, 2018
- September, 2018
- August, 2018
- July, 2018
- June, 2018
- May, 2018
- April, 2018
- March, 2018
- February, 2018
- January, 2018
- December, 2017
- November, 2017
- October, 2017
- September, 2017
- August, 2017
- July, 2017
- June, 2017
- March, 2017